Monday, December 15, 2008

What a week!

Since 'the phone call' telling me that I was a winner in the mentor competition things have been busy and then some.On Friday evening we were generously treated to a fabulous night in the heights of the BT Tower. I actually found the mentor announcements surprisingly moving ~ a combination of admiration that the mentors are giving their time freely, a pride that my business has been successful and a sense that this was a real moment of opportunity. Once the mentor pairings had been announced we all took part in a facilitated introductory session which resulted in a a shared smile at the accuracy of the pairings ~ Jackie of Fresh Ideas Events quipped that she was going into matchmaking next [she's very good!]

Delighted with my mentor
I am delighted with my mentor. Polly Gowers is a woman of many ideas, vision and determination. The scope and scale of Polly’s thinking is inspirational in itself and I am totally excited at the prospect of her channeling her thinking onto my business. During the affectionately named 'MAD' [Make a Difference] evening at the BT Tower the conversations and networking were on fire. A special mention for the evening goes to Bob Bissell of BT who generously hosted the evening and was affectionately dubbed the 'Bravest man in London' for his charm and hospitality. So motivating was the whole event that I found myself awake at 4am with ideas racing round my head to the point where the notepad and pen had to come out!

At the MAD evening it was announced that the competition was now a competition between the mentor pairs. Now sat in our mentor pairs I said loudly and clearly 'We'll have that Polly'. Karen Darby heckled back triggering a volley of confident war cries from the mentor pairs. Ladies ~ if you are reading this keep your guard up we are set to excel.

As a result of the MAD evening I have a stack of business cards and am putting my new contacts to good use including a meeting with the very impressive competition PR company 4PR.

First mentor meeting
I have my first mentor meeting scheduled for Thursday so am in the process of buttoning down my goals for the mentor competition and route map for achieving it. Am reaching for the stars and the moon and confident we will get it.

Curious about Socialite London?
You are welcome to register for membership by 30th November 2008 at http://www.socialite-london.com/ using Freshideas as a promotional code when prompted during registration. This will reward you with a free one month membership. Your membership is without obligation and can be cancelled at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment