Monday, March 16, 2009

Socialite is on fire!

No really!

In one of those twist of fate moments I was in the right place at the right time to be offered a truly unique opportunity ~ Socialite London has been invited to host a champagne party in the exclusive 360 degree glass domed 40l30 bar right at the pinnacle of the Gherkin. During the week the bar is the most exclusive and iconic of London's members clubs and at the weekend it is the most exclusive and iconic of London's wedding venues.

The bar is amazing ~ I have been to many of the world's best bars and this really does take the prize for total wow interior and then there are the views.

A rare unbooked Saturday was offered to me to host a party for 200 members ~ the catch? 10 short days to set and sell the event.... Knowing opportunities like this don't come often I said yes and am running the quietly confident gauntlet as we speak. If you are reading this before Saturday 21st March 2009 you are welcome to book your place Champagne Party at the Gherkin

The super gorgeous team toptable have kindly agreed to feature the event on their newsletter and not just any feature - editorial! The invitation will go out to 750,000 of toptables nearest and dearest subscribers tomorrow - I will be glued to my google analytics for my site!

Had a fabulous meeting with My Village last week. My Village is a leading Social Reveiw site with just under 1m unique users per month. Roifield Brown the very impressive, very fast thinking founder is an inspiration with a slick team. Very excited to report that we are looking at ways to work together. Roifield has also generously agreed to feature the Gherkin event which is currently on the homepage of every London guide and is coming along in person.

This Thursday I have the meeting of my life. I can't say too much right now except for if it goes to plan the future is superstar bright.

Polly and I have discussed the meeting strategy and objectives to absolute precision. I have spent time with my acting Non Exec director [a corporate genius who reads financial reports with the speed, animation and ease with which I read Heat magazine] to get the bottom line on what Socialite is worth. I feel very calm and very confident - 3 years hard work says I am fully prepped, polished and ready to do the deal.

If the meeting goes well Polly and I are meeting to dance in champagne. Otherwise we will be contingency planning with Gin.

Watch this space....

No comments:

Post a Comment